Singapore Lamb Riblets
If you're looking for flavor, and a way to make your guests refuse to leave your table, then look no further. These riblets take oven bbqing to a higher plane.
- 5 pounds lamb riblets (the meaty ones)
- 2 qts water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tamarind concentrate
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T dry sherry
- 2 T honey
- 2 t sesame oil
- 1 t ginger, freshly grated
- 1 t sambal olek (fresh chili paste)
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 t five spice powder
- Place lamb ribs in large saucepan. Cover with water and the 1/3 cup soy sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Drain and let cool
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Coat each rib with sauce; arrange on baking sheet. Roast 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 275°F. Baste with sauce. Roast 10 to 15 minutes longer or until tender.
- Serve with Asian Slaw or your favorite cole slaw recipe.