You don't need to wait for summer to delight in this refreshing dish. Serve it year round for that hint of sun and the outdoors. Perfect for a first course preceding a heavier main.
- 5 cups seedless watermelon, diced, divided
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1-2 small jalapeño chiles, seeded, minced
- 1/2 cup celery stalks, inner green part only, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Thai basil, finely chopped
- 3 T fresh lime juice
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 cup fresh scallops, seared or raw
- 1/2 cup fresh pea shoots
Puree 4 cups watermelon in blender until smooth. Transfer puree to large bowl. Add remaining 1 cup diced watermelon and next 10 ingredients; stir to combine. Cover gazpacho and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Divide gazpacho among bowls; top with freshly sliced scallops & fresh pea shoots.